Welcome to rbrignall’s GitHub Page
Most of the time, I am an academic mathematician working at The Open University. For that part of my life, you might have ended up here looking for my academic website.
In my spare time, among other things, I’ve written a few online games. I’m especially interested in developing games or puzzles that intersect with my interests in maths (including logic) and/or music.
If you enjoy the games, please consider supporting my work:
Here are six games you can play online, for free:
- Digit Party: Place numbers in a grid, and score points when adjacent cells have matching numbers. Curiously addictive. A collaboration with fellow mathematician Vince Vatter.
- Byrdle: The surprisingly-popular niche choral-themed word guessing game (a bit like Wordle).
- Angry Byrds: A William Byrd-themed variant of the popular game Angry Birds, created to mark Byrd’s 400th anniversary. For other anniversary events in 2023, visit Byrd Central.
- Susie: A word guessing-game where Wordle meets Countdown. Test your powers of logical deduction to find Susie’s word. This project is a collaboration with composer Ben Ponniah.
- Musidoku®: An online version of the musical variation of the classic Sudoku number-place puzzle. This was written for Antony Kearns, author of the bestselling Musidoku® series of books.
- Numble: A mathematically-themed version of Wordle.
Most of the games above are open source. You should check out the list of repositories if you want to take a look.